A Christmas Seed
What holds the world together?
What keeps the mind at ease?
For some, it's fun and pleasure,
They are easiest to please.
They think nothing of tomorrow,
It's only for the moment they live;
They look the other way from sorrow,
They just receive, instead of give.
God holds my world together,
God keeps my mind at ease;
It makes no matter what the weather,
It's His will I want to please.
Now the Spirit's all around us,
Especially at this time of year;
I wish we were all on the same bus,
Of His goodwill and friendly cheer.
Let us pray for all that worry,
Let us pray for those in need;
Let's us part from all the hurry,
And plant a Christmas seed.
A seed to sprout across this land,
A seed to grow and live in joy;
A seed of His, sweet, precious band,
A seed of Angels in His employ.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christmas Seed by david lessard )
- True Romance, Electric Lady
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Soar Where Those Poor Of Faith Reside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- He told the officers, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- To touch a star is to be ouch with respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- This is Just to Say, William Carlos Williams
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(5 November 1494 – 19 January 1576)