A Christmas Seed
What holds the world together?
What keeps the mind at ease?
For some, it's fun and pleasure,
They are easiest to please.
They think nothing of tomorrow,
It's only for the moment they live;
They look the other way from sorrow,
They just receive, instead of give.
God holds my world together,
God keeps my mind at ease;
It makes no matter what the weather,
It's His will I want to please.
Now the Spirit's all around us,
Especially at this time of year;
I wish we were all on the same bus,
Of His goodwill and friendly cheer.
Let us pray for all that worry,
Let us pray for those in need;
Let's us part from all the hurry,
And plant a Christmas seed.
A seed to sprout across this land,
A seed to grow and live in joy;
A seed of His, sweet, precious band,
A seed of Angels in His employ.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christmas Seed by david lessard )
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Lighthouse, Sarah Liz Bowman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)