A Christmas Seed
What holds the world together?
What keeps the mind at ease?
For some, it's fun and pleasure,
They are easiest to please.
They think nothing of tomorrow,
It's only for the moment they live;
They look the other way from sorrow,
They just receive, instead of give.
God holds my world together,
God keeps my mind at ease;
It makes no matter what the weather,
It's His will I want to please.
Now the Spirit's all around us,
Especially at this time of year;
I wish we were all on the same bus,
Of His goodwill and friendly cheer.
Let us pray for all that worry,
Let us pray for those in need;
Let's us part from all the hurry,
And plant a Christmas seed.
A seed to sprout across this land,
A seed to grow and live in joy;
A seed of His, sweet, precious band,
A seed of Angels in His employ.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christmas Seed by david lessard )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram