A Dawn Awaited
Alighting from darkness Oh! Dawn! awaken us!
Awaken our thoughts! Our spirits! Our wisdom!
Awaken our polity! Our leaders! Our future!
Awaken us to rise beyond narrow lanes of castes & races
Awaken us to rise beyond fanatic lanes of back pulling faiths
Awaken us to rise beyond biased lanes of trumpeted protectionism
Awaken us to rise beyond silly lanes of opportunism
Let all these transformed lanes culminate in a rosy path of optimism
Let every one excel in wisdom and intelligence with glowing fame
Let us sing in unison the funeral song for dirty politics
Let us raise the foundation for future generations to bask in glory
Let the dusk be kept always at the bay with our unified efforts
Let us build a platform for greedless and progressive minds
Let us keep our flag always fluttering high, our fame soaring high
Somanathan Iyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dawn Awaited by Somanathan Iyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmai Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar