“A Date with a fool”
Racing cars went wiz-zing by
On arcade of main square
Zig zag path of mine
Sustained till met with an whoops
To sling did rush to favorite bakery and to the same corner table
Very wry; being an Yonker there
Made up mind to shear the boredom
Paid attention to nature
Yuppie with her girl
Right in here, arm in arm
They aren't just in full zest
As any can make out their presence
For the patrons are head over heels in love.
Yo! How you do?
Joined another couple
Zeeb Zaab talk
Wring my heart
To pay attention to their chat.
Made an excuse to be prat out there
Not bothering to overhear the banter
Guys are smart
Much more while they flirt
Pest by the joke crack
wish to zap the tote-à-tête
Yet not willing to be moron
Gave a Smirk and had pizza
Yet, Loved to listen to his witty talk!
To jot down a couplet.
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“A Date with a fool” by Queeny Gona )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- For her age, hasmukh amathalal
- Old Hopes and New Shoes, Charles Hancock
- Pressure Of Racism, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Activities of life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wanderer at the hills of freedom, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Expressing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # X, Gunnar Mo.
- Raise voice against terrorism and racism, Aftab Alam
- Passion, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan