“A Date with a fool”
Racing cars went wiz-zing by
On arcade of main square
Zig zag path of mine
Sustained till met with an whoops
To sling did rush to favorite bakery and to the same corner table
Very wry; being an Yonker there
Made up mind to shear the boredom
Paid attention to nature
Yuppie with her girl
Right in here, arm in arm
They aren't just in full zest
As any can make out their presence
For the patrons are head over heels in love.
Yo! How you do?
Joined another couple
Zeeb Zaab talk
Wring my heart
To pay attention to their chat.
Made an excuse to be prat out there
Not bothering to overhear the banter
Guys are smart
Much more while they flirt
Pest by the joke crack
wish to zap the tote-à-tête
Yet not willing to be moron
Gave a Smirk and had pizza
Yet, Loved to listen to his witty talk!
To jot down a couplet.
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“A Date with a fool” by Queeny Gona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- सोरनिबा आगान, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Knows, Louis Borgo
- ZZ Was Hitler A Vegetarian, Saiom Shriver
- Palestinian DNA, Saiom Shriver