Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
A Dark End
Gone so soon; long- long ago,
Our tears we shed but without running water;
Yet into the unimaginable we gaze
Wondering what it could be that went wrong.
Unto the tune of mourning we hearkened not.
All to his own desire we danced upon the lyre-
Jubilating and celebrating in merriment,
Our downfall and wasted age.
Seeking the hand of posterity,
We accuse the time of our unblissfulness;
Yet from us is come
That dead end of life to which we fear.
So a great take over:
For which to any extent we go
Scrambling and crumbling at the feet of death
All to escape the so called poverty
Slaves we become to him the great wealth
And us he maltreats and manipulates to his own accord
Because in us he sees desperation
In search of being our own god
Doth we not weep for our course?
Which like a curse is laid upon us
Though being the cause of our misfortune
See not the sight of remorse to come.
And so the black burial!
When our hearts are all soaked deep in pain
Awaiting the agony, stricken upon the cursed
Who shall wail and weep in due course
This shall be the fate of them
Who in this generation seek not the good; but
Straying and swaying in joy on that road of perdition
Without a think of what the end seems to be.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dark End by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
- Are We There Yet?, Tom Higgins
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
- Too Late Again., Tom Higgins
- Cutting my losses., michael walker
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)