Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
A Lover's Chant
Come, draw thy ears nigh unto me and
I'll sing you those wordings that soothes the heart.
T'is the words of love and glamour,
Flowing deeply from a heart filled with ardor.
It's unto thee who art my lover; for
Thy love so ardent leaves me to sing the lines.
Your warmth embraces like the morning gentle breeze
Awaking me from the slumber of loneliness with whispers of affection.
Your kisses leaving me in the dreamland of plenteous wonders
That the smile of your face reveals the rising dawn of hope.
Your walk appearing like Aphrodite accompanied by the sun
With the crown of glorious diadem.
Your voice like those of many sirens come together in harmonious melody,
And the hums of Venus expressive in the voice of thy calling.
Thy dresses adequately adorned with ornaments of gold
Leaving thy fragrance as of the single rose leading the daises.
The beauty of your coming like the rainbow across the sky filling
The atmosphere with aura of aspiration.
The labyrinth of thy beauty I cannot fathom,
Competently accustomed and natured to elegance.
Thy gaze so fascinating and captivating that
Like one under a spell I'm left drunken with the toxin of your fairness
This cup filled with the toxin of love I wish to drink from you,
That my head to rest I place upon thy bossom to hear thy hums of endearment.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lover's Chant by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Miep - A Woman of Courage, David Clinch
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
- It's the One in the Suit Who's Firing th.., David Clinch
- मानो गाबदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Birthday Woman, David Clinch
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- blood around the cuticle of us, Mandolyn ...
- She Has The Will To Succeed, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Family I love, Kristina Riggs
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)