Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
A Lover's Chant
Come, draw thy ears nigh unto me and
I'll sing you those wordings that soothes the heart.
T'is the words of love and glamour,
Flowing deeply from a heart filled with ardor.
It's unto thee who art my lover; for
Thy love so ardent leaves me to sing the lines.
Your warmth embraces like the morning gentle breeze
Awaking me from the slumber of loneliness with whispers of affection.
Your kisses leaving me in the dreamland of plenteous wonders
That the smile of your face reveals the rising dawn of hope.
Your walk appearing like Aphrodite accompanied by the sun
With the crown of glorious diadem.
Your voice like those of many sirens come together in harmonious melody,
And the hums of Venus expressive in the voice of thy calling.
Thy dresses adequately adorned with ornaments of gold
Leaving thy fragrance as of the single rose leading the daises.
The beauty of your coming like the rainbow across the sky filling
The atmosphere with aura of aspiration.
The labyrinth of thy beauty I cannot fathom,
Competently accustomed and natured to elegance.
Thy gaze so fascinating and captivating that
Like one under a spell I'm left drunken with the toxin of your fairness
This cup filled with the toxin of love I wish to drink from you,
That my head to rest I place upon thy bossom to hear thy hums of endearment.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lover's Chant by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
- May I help you, gajanan mishra
- UNPROVEN FALSEHOOD, johnny case
- Not good, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)