A Dark And Dreary Night
On a cold, dark and dreary night,
being by yourself, isn't a delight!
You hate the thought, of being
alone, as anxiously, you await,
for someone to phone. Just to be
able, to hear another persons
voice, would give you reason, to
rejoice! It's not conducive, to be
by yourself, when darkness, will
fall. There's nobody there, at all!
It would be great, to have some
good conversation, just another
person, to talk to. Instead, here
you are, all alone and feeling,
kind of blue! Some people, enjoy
being alone, but alas, it's not for
me. I'd rather have someone close
at hand, someone, who's good
Audrey Heller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dark And Dreary Night by Audrey Heller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis