A couple on the beach.
Two frail frames
male and female
walking hand in hand
waving imaginary magic wand
giggling, teasing, running
throwing caution to wind & rolling
on ever welcoming golden sand.
on the sand
in the air
when these disappear
moments only to cherish.
Their feet into the calm sea
feeling the touch of cold warmth
bending to gauge under current
watching it to rise slowly from its slumber
thousand lions freed from their cage
appearance of full moon
powered surfs into rage
never afraid of opposition
assuring and reassuring each other
of their bondage.
they don't talk
just a gesture,
she goes resplendent
wrapped in orange red
beginning of the union on the sand bed.
Stampede of sorts
waves surged to have glimpse
those two mortals
oblivious of crazy waves
buried under the sand
wake up with a start
as blanket of water washes
their misadventure of sorts
they glance at each other,
hand in hand, drenched
walk away from the heat
copyright/children of lost God/Tribhawan Kaul
All rights reserved
Tribhawan Kaul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I spotted a couple on the beach. Strange as it looked, sun was setting one side and the full moon was rising from the other side
The phenomenon was catchy enough to pen my thoughts.
Comments about this poem (A couple on the beach. by Tribhawan Kaul )
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon