A Conscience Mind
A conscience mind is a sober mind
And a sober mind keeps you complete
As it will try to keep your soul honest
And will try to keep you from deceit.
It will tell and show you right from wrong
Everyday and every moment of your life
While dictating the actions you should take
So to keep you away for evil and strife.
The ethical and moral principles in your brain
That will enter you though your thoughts
And some ideals will want to lead you astray
From the goodness your conscience has sought.
A conscience mind it will let you sleep
While a evil mind will keep you sleepless and awake
As it will remind you of the evils you had done
And also the guilt you gave through sins you did take.
I wonder though Is it a devil or an angel
That stands besides us to whisper into our ear
That will lead us from sin or away from evil
I wander what voice is it that you or I do hear.
A conscience mind is the greatest mind
More precious than riches or wealth we might find
As it will help us lead us to either to heaven or hell
So GOD bless us all with our conscience mind.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Conscience Mind by Randy McClave )
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)