RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Funeral
The laughter, lights, fun everywhere.
Where is the boy named Daniel, who loved it all?
Gone is his smiling face, his sudden laughter, his hand
held gently in mine.
Not too long ago his funeral belied his early death,
the tears, so foreign as hearts of mother, father and
sister were heard breaking in the still afternoon air.
People gathered, listening, tears falling like rain
from up above.
Sun shining in spite of death's hold before us.
Little Daniel, so loved, so full of life, is gone.
Leaving all behind to carry the tears in hands cupped prayerfully away.
Life is living yet, in all the people gathered there.
Except for Daniel's - a little boy gone before his
Missed by all, loved forevermore.
Now in heaven with our Lord.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Funeral by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary