RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Funeral
The laughter, lights, fun everywhere.
Where is the boy named Daniel, who loved it all?
Gone is his smiling face, his sudden laughter, his hand
held gently in mine.
Not too long ago his funeral belied his early death,
the tears, so foreign as hearts of mother, father and
sister were heard breaking in the still afternoon air.
People gathered, listening, tears falling like rain
from up above.
Sun shining in spite of death's hold before us.
Little Daniel, so loved, so full of life, is gone.
Leaving all behind to carry the tears in hands cupped prayerfully away.
Life is living yet, in all the people gathered there.
Except for Daniel's - a little boy gone before his
Missed by all, loved forevermore.
Now in heaven with our Lord.
Topic of this poem: poem
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Funeral by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty