A Candle Flames Tapper
We have none more life
Than a candle flames tapper
That lights the path…
Of death and wild eyed destruction.
No sooner married than oaths a wife
A maiden - a stranger - Loves enabler
Raves in her silver, moonlit; birdbath-
Now whole new worlds
Come under her reconstruction.
So hold tight, cavalier, your warhorse
Else her passions turn inwards to wrath
Hold tight her winged reigns in the night
Or you too shall be - unshod - unhorse
By the Gorgon sister on her warpath-
Course: Missing parts of her eternal soul
Her divine eyes, like moonstones, frostbite.
So hold tight Pegasus her son of delight
There’s a fire in a candle flaming tapper tonight.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Candle Flames Tapper by Mark Heathcote )
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry
- The blind man., richard harris