A Bottle And Friend
There's nane that's blest of human kind,
But the cheerful and the gay, man,
Fal, la, la, &c.
Here's a bottle and an honest friend!
What wad ye wish for mair, man?
Wha kens, before his life may end,
What his share may be o' care, man?
Then catch the moments as they fly,
And use them as ye ought, man:
Believe me, happiness is shy,
And comes not aye when sought, man.
Robert Burns's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bottle And Friend by Robert Burns )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Proposal, Michael McParland
- Pointless, Michael McParland
- Please Come Back, Michael McParland
- zombie kicks, lee fones
- Please, Michael McParland
- Perfect Moment, Michael McParland
- Peace Be With Us, Michael McParland
- Patience, Michael McParland
- Some People Like Confusion, Ronell Warren Alman
- Out Of The Light, Michael McParland