Lets have a beer, I'll even buy,
Lets have a cold longneck.
Here at the bar, I'll even try,
Not to be a nervous wreck.
Just one beer to cool my throat,
And sit and talk a while.
You know one beer does not denote,
That you are wicked and so vile.
One Shiner Bock, to help digest,
My meal that was so good.
But lets have two at your behest,
I think we really should.
How bout a little game of pool,
To ease the tension in my back.
It's nice in here, it's really cool,
Come on it's now your turn to rack.
One little beer maybe two,
For your stomach's sake is fine.
Even holy men enjoy the brew,
A little beer is just devine.
7/2/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beer by Juan Olivarez )
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah