Lets have a beer, I'll even buy,
Lets have a cold longneck.
Here at the bar, I'll even try,
Not to be a nervous wreck.
Just one beer to cool my throat,
And sit and talk a while.
You know one beer does not denote,
That you are wicked and so vile.
One Shiner Bock, to help digest,
My meal that was so good.
But lets have two at your behest,
I think we really should.
How bout a little game of pool,
To ease the tension in my back.
It's nice in here, it's really cool,
Come on it's now your turn to rack.
One little beer maybe two,
For your stomach's sake is fine.
Even holy men enjoy the brew,
A little beer is just devine.
7/2/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beer by Juan Olivarez )
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Many people, hasmukh amathalal
- Life is funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- America the Beautiful, oskar hansen
- freedom, marriam anderson
- insane, marriam anderson
- A Man Of No Patience, Sir Toby
- Philosophy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Rose Flower, Akhtar Jawad
- For A Friend, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)