Lets have a beer, I'll even buy,
Lets have a cold longneck.
Here at the bar, I'll even try,
Not to be a nervous wreck.
Just one beer to cool my throat,
And sit and talk a while.
You know one beer does not denote,
That you are wicked and so vile.
One Shiner Bock, to help digest,
My meal that was so good.
But lets have two at your behest,
I think we really should.
How bout a little game of pool,
To ease the tension in my back.
It's nice in here, it's really cool,
Come on it's now your turn to rack.
One little beer maybe two,
For your stomach's sake is fine.
Even holy men enjoy the brew,
A little beer is just devine.
7/2/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beer by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa
- Perfectly Imperfect, Marvin Brato Sr
- The truth about lies, kelvin alexander
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp