A Beautiful Blue Sky
A beautiful blue sky,
Fluffy clouds floating by.
Voices raised in song,
There is a great calm over all.
Of a sudden two steel birds appear.
First one then the other,
Fly into separate gigantic monoliths,
The calm is shattered, the storm arrives.
Flames erupt, smoke and cinder,
Engulf the land.
Our world as we knew it,
Has of a sudden, vanished.
As thousands of souls,
Cry out to heaven,
Having unexpectedly, been released,
From their Earthbound hosts,
The world cries in disbelieve.
The twin monoliths burn,
And eventually crumble,
To the desecrated Earth,
Never to rise again.
Never again will the world,
Be the same again.
Innocence is dead, only the stark reality,
Of a decadent world gone mad, remains.
9/17/11 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Blue Sky by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra