A Beautiful Blue Sky
A beautiful blue sky,
Fluffy clouds floating by.
Voices raised in song,
There is a great calm over all.
Of a sudden two steel birds appear.
First one then the other,
Fly into separate gigantic monoliths,
The calm is shattered, the storm arrives.
Flames erupt, smoke and cinder,
Engulf the land.
Our world as we knew it,
Has of a sudden, vanished.
As thousands of souls,
Cry out to heaven,
Having unexpectedly, been released,
From their Earthbound hosts,
The world cries in disbelieve.
The twin monoliths burn,
And eventually crumble,
To the desecrated Earth,
Never to rise again.
Never again will the world,
Be the same again.
Innocence is dead, only the stark reality,
Of a decadent world gone mad, remains.
9/17/11 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Blue Sky by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Remember..., Damian Murphy
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad!, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal