A Band Of Roaming Gypsies
In the early morning stillness,
I sit on the beach of life.
Beyond the foreboding mountains
near the life giving watery shore.
Feeling deserted by the world
when a band of gypsies stopped along the way.
Asked if I was lost
on my life’s quest.
I replied I was not sure.
Come and join us
as we seek our fulfilment
across the life giving waters
and life’s sifting sands.
So I joined the band of gypsies
as we travelled in all four directions of this world.
From the fiery morning mountains
to the cold caves where demons hide,
along the streets stained with sin
to find where our destiny might hide.
8 June 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Band Of Roaming Gypsies by David Harris )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Voyage, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Reflected In Mirrors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- zeros and ones, Tajudeen Shah
- Beat Of My Heart, Lydia Cunningham
- Tell - Tale Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Speculative Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Allocating Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfect You, Naomi Mith
- The Water, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Opened, Sade Bolaji