How many times have we
travelled down a road
merely out of curiosity,
and as we move down it
something there takes us by surprise.
somehow catches our eye.
We stop and stare
at the beauty consummated there.
A beauty that fills our heart
with the passion we identify as love.
We are confused not knowing what to do.
Before us lies, our future
if we make the right approach
or our downfall if we turn away.
Do we stride forward
or do we hesitate and take care.
The decision is only ours
in what we should do.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beauty by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- सोरनिबा आगान, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Knows, Louis Borgo
- ZZ Was Hitler A Vegetarian, Saiom Shriver
- Palestinian DNA, Saiom Shriver