5,4,3,2,1? We've Got Your Number!
Pick up the phone, then dial your call...
They'll answer, yes, but then they'll stall!
Press 1 or 2 or 3 or 4,
Or 5 or 6 or even more...
Oh, lucky you, the music plays,
Yet seldom can it soothe delays!
'Our staff are busy! ' So are YOU!
For now, nobody's got a clue!
Ho, hum... Ho, hum... Ho, hum... Ho, hum...
So far, their 'service' sure seems dumb!
Ten minutes drag when you're enraged!
Alas, my friends, they've got you caged!
They've got you dangling on the line!
Success or failure? Still no sign!
This sort of thing is getting worse -
This can't be progress, it's a curse!
Timewasters, truly, that's a fact!
The worms have turned! It's time to ACT!
Complain! Complain! Again! Again!
Let's make THEM feel 'HOUR' sense of pain!
Don't let them 'off the hook', my friends -
Until, at last, this folly ends!
Let's make them 'pull the plug' and soon!
Let's make them lose each loony tune!
Forget the music, it's absurd!
WE WANT TO SPEAK AND TO BE HEARD!
Forget it's US who pay the cost
And all goodwill from US is lost!
WE'LL STAND AGAINST THEM, SIDE-BY-SIDE,
UNTIL FULL SERVICE IS SUPPLIED!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (5,4,3,2,1? We've Got Your Number! by Denis Martindale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Gift, Arliz Paelmo
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears