5,4,3,2,1? We've Got Your Number!
Pick up the phone, then dial your call...
They'll answer, yes, but then they'll stall!
Press 1 or 2 or 3 or 4,
Or 5 or 6 or even more...
Oh, lucky you, the music plays,
Yet seldom can it soothe delays!
'Our staff are busy! ' So are YOU!
For now, nobody's got a clue!
Ho, hum... Ho, hum... Ho, hum... Ho, hum...
So far, their 'service' sure seems dumb!
Ten minutes drag when you're enraged!
Alas, my friends, they've got you caged!
They've got you dangling on the line!
Success or failure? Still no sign!
This sort of thing is getting worse -
This can't be progress, it's a curse!
Timewasters, truly, that's a fact!
The worms have turned! It's time to ACT!
Complain! Complain! Again! Again!
Let's make THEM feel 'HOUR' sense of pain!
Don't let them 'off the hook', my friends -
Until, at last, this folly ends!
Let's make them 'pull the plug' and soon!
Let's make them lose each loony tune!
Forget the music, it's absurd!
WE WANT TO SPEAK AND TO BE HEARD!
Forget it's US who pay the cost
And all goodwill from US is lost!
WE'LL STAND AGAINST THEM, SIDE-BY-SIDE,
UNTIL FULL SERVICE IS SUPPLIED!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (5,4,3,2,1? We've Got Your Number! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher