If I had my will
I would’ve clocked back thirty years
With her on the Ferris wheel!
Go girl red ribbon on the merry-go-round
Go back on the rocking boat
Thirty years whizzed past us
That time looks dreamily remote!
My belle gaily girl of yore
Go ride once more on the wheel
I would clock back thirty years
I would hold time still!
Still lurking there in your eyes’ gleam
Still stirring there a dream
That goes back those thirty years
For popcorn and licking ice-cream!
Girl, go, run once more
Thirty years is never too far
It’s still there with open door
The time it can’t forget her!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (30 Years by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- A Shy Tulip, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Holding on to a love, Jamie Fox
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- An Emotional Story I Couldn't Tell, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam