If I had my will
I would’ve clocked back thirty years
With her on the Ferris wheel!
Go girl red ribbon on the merry-go-round
Go back on the rocking boat
Thirty years whizzed past us
That time looks dreamily remote!
My belle gaily girl of yore
Go ride once more on the wheel
I would clock back thirty years
I would hold time still!
Still lurking there in your eyes’ gleam
Still stirring there a dream
That goes back those thirty years
For popcorn and licking ice-cream!
Girl, go, run once more
Thirty years is never too far
It’s still there with open door
The time it can’t forget her!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (30 Years by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby For The Doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey