If I had my will
I would’ve clocked back thirty years
With her on the Ferris wheel!
Go girl red ribbon on the merry-go-round
Go back on the rocking boat
Thirty years whizzed past us
That time looks dreamily remote!
My belle gaily girl of yore
Go ride once more on the wheel
I would clock back thirty years
I would hold time still!
Still lurking there in your eyes’ gleam
Still stirring there a dream
That goes back those thirty years
For popcorn and licking ice-cream!
Girl, go, run once more
Thirty years is never too far
It’s still there with open door
The time it can’t forget her!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (30 Years by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
- Out Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pagan To The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Uplifting One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kelita, Edward Kofi Louis
- Feliciano, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)