What shall it take?
22 kilos of Rice?
22 kilos of cold Turkey Slice?
22 Kilos of Smoked Sausages?
22 Kilos of Chicken Biryani?
22 of what else? I already gave you my years.
I don't want to buy you,
Neither are you for sale.
So what other 22 can I give you to make you feel safe?
Nude in my embrace, yet safe, as a child in womb,
A baby sleeping with her eyes on the moon,
A rosé in bloom,
A full moon.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (22 by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov