What shall it take?
22 kilos of Rice?
22 kilos of cold Turkey Slice?
22 Kilos of Smoked Sausages?
22 Kilos of Chicken Biryani?
22 of what else? I already gave you my years.
I don't want to buy you,
Neither are you for sale.
So what other 22 can I give you to make you feel safe?
Nude in my embrace, yet safe, as a child in womb,
A baby sleeping with her eyes on the moon,
A rosé in bloom,
A full moon.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (22 by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Grumpy morning, oskar hansen
- I Wanna Marry You, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- A Conversation With An Enemy, howard simon
- i'll churn the butter while you fish, Mandolyn Davidson
- THE FOOLISH ONES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Sweet Little Kid, Ramesh Shrestha
- Heavy morning, Robo Cat
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman