Marian Evans Poems
- The Sound Of Silence If my pen were to fall Upon a solid ...
- On Patriotism I'm sure our hearts will chance to bleed ...
- Grim Would it be fair to discriminate? Everybody deserves ...
- How Do You Spell It?
- On Minority Who, then, are the free-versed And cannot stop ...
- Vote Social I know of those who wish to hide, Their efforts...
- On Individualism I care what you think, So I'll try to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marian Evans
The Sound Of Silence
If my pen were to fall
Upon a solid floor,
Would my objection be all
To follow and nothing more?
Would the artist then be silenced:
No media to give him voice?
His audience would by then have commenced
To applaud, to give a great rejoice
For their expression of great volume
Drowns, displaces, and depicts the new standard
Of ambient noise that fills a room
Before the bar is raised and my audience is meandered.