Donna Nimmo Poems
- The Abused Wife She drive's into her neighborhood Her heart ...
- Growing Up I didn't know why I was really born I had a sad ...
- Child Abuse You're still young and innocent and mild After ...
- The Controlling Man Your heart, your body can never ...
- A Painful Love If I became crippeled or maimed Would I have ...
- The Police Officer's Wife He goes to work early everyday For...
- A Turtle Named George There was a little turtle named ...
My life has been a puzzle of so many pieces. When you read something I wrote, you've found a very small piece of the puzzle I call my past. Every now and then I write something silly. I write from my heart and my feelings.I am an old fashioned grandmother. I wear my heart on my sleeve and feel very deeply for my loved ones. I'm an animal lover and will fight for justice for them. I love my country... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Abused Wife
She drive's into her neighborhood
Her heart starts racing
She knows he's been pacing
She can't explain what took so long
She knows she won't be understood
He won't listen to what she has to say
He will be so angry that she didn't stay
She only went to the corner store
He will blame her for so much more
He will accuse her of meeting a man
She hurried so fast, she almost ran
He will scream and slap her across the room
Break things, even beat her with a broom
If she's lucky only bruises this time
Or sent to the hospital because of this slime
He will ...