Donal Mahoney Poems
- Cuckold's Plea You'll never see him again, you say, but ...
- Found In An Attic: World War I...
- Ptsd In the waiting room, I squeeze this old rosary a nun ...
- A Good Neighbor Cookies for George, 40 years back from Viet...
- Nearing The Finish Line Walking very slowly, ancient Wally's ...
- Make Verdant Again The Hills She walks the rack of bright ...
- There's A Cliff Ahead Sixty years ago, the two of us rode ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
You'll never see him again, you say,
but what if he brings to your room
a midnight poem he says
he's written for you.
Will you read it together
a couple of times, out loud,
as you have in the past?
And what if he then
shoots like a rocket
into the forest, igniting the fire,
as he has in the past.
Will you see him again?
We have the children
to think about.
That's why I'm here.
We all need to know.