Dejan Stojanovic Poems
- A New Friend Tell me something less significant, Something ...
- Dancing Of Sounds There is a moonlight note In the Moonlight...
- A Star Deep In The Mind I see a new star on the horizon; ...
- Being Late From where do simplicity and ease In the ...
- Don Quixote We dream and fight With demons real and ...
- A Woman In The Garden Of Light To find the hidden ...
- All Women In One You shall not stop or hesitate and ...
Dejan Stojanovic was born in Pec, Kosovo (the former Yugoslavia) , in 1959. Although a lawyer by education, he has never practiced law and instead became a journalist. He is a poet, essayist, philosopher, and businessman and published six critically acclaimed books of poetry in Serbia:
'The Sun Watches Itself, '
'The Sign and Its Children, '
'The Shape, '
'The Creator, '
'Dance of Time.'
In 1986, as a young writer, he was recognized among 200 writers at the Bor (former Yugoslavia) Literary Festival. He also received the prestigious 'Rastko Petrovic' Award ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A New Friend
Tell me something less significant,
Something about our biology, for instance,
About what you hear while sitting under the tree,
About lonely lions in the prairies;
Forget decorated generals;
Tell me about Private Ryan,
Tell me something only you know
And make a new friend.