William Cosmo Monkhouse
William cosmo Monkhouse was born In London on 18th March 1840.
In 1870-1871 he visited South America in connection with the hospital accommodation for seamen at Valparaiso and, other ports; and he served on different departmental committees, notably that of the Mercantile Marine Fund. He was twice married: first, to Laura, and, secondly, to- Leonora Eliza, He died in London on the 20th of July 1901.William Monkhouse was one of those who not only had a vocation, but an avocation. His first love was poetry, and in 1865 he issued A Dream of Idleness and Other Poems, a collection strong poems coloured by his admiration for Wordsworth and Tennyson. It was marked by exceptional ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Limerick: There was a Young Lady of Nige...
- There Once Was an Old Man of Lyme
- There Was a Young Lady Named Laura
- Limerick: There Was a Young Lady Named L...
- De Libris
- Limerick: There Once Was an Old Monk of ...
- Limerick: There Was a Young Lady of Wilt...
- Limerick: There Once Was a Girl of Lahor...
- A Song Of The Seasons
- The Spectrum
- A Dead March
- On A Young Poetess’s Grave
- There Once Was a Girl of Lahore
- The Dream Of The World Without Death
Comments about William Cosmo Monkhouse
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)