Udaya R. Tennakoon
Udaya R. Tennakoon Poems
- My Bag My bag with me like shadow Comes without a ...
- I Am A Star Because Of You So... I am a star Larger than ...
- Evening Walk Aimless mind slap bang Coated out to ...
- Flock Together To Defeat Evil Swarming you from out and ...
- Evening Hunger When hunger came I went to kitchen Cooked ...
- Belonging Above the space Among countless stars The moon ...
- Room In The Heart The apartment of the heart A reserved room...
Brief Overview: A Diaspora writer and a researcher. Living in Switzerland.Graduated from University of Colombo, Sri Lanka(BA) , University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka (MA and University of Basel, Switzerland (MAS) .Currently a student in University of Innsbruck Austria.
Identity Vs Identities: From Rural to Global = Outcast?
To the author’s introduction, I wish to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Without minority called it is motherlandminority
Without symbolic father called it is fatherland
Way of rhythm seems to be a grave land
War of victory celebrates in barren land''
''In a house they livepeace
Two wars done in their worlds
Calmness, deepness sit in hearts
Where the peace lives''
My bag with me like shadow
Comes without a word
Hanging on my back
Bearing burden inside
Wherever I go
What I put into it
Never got angry
When I have a rest
Keeping aside it
Until the destination
It has no rest
Strength, shape and beauty
Dwindles and fades gradually
Heartfelt mate and buddy
I cannot throw it away
Carried out past of me
Dug up memories of me
Never told secrets of me
It is a witness of me
Being a part of my identity
Stayed with an inseparable life
Many time I felt so pity
This is ...