Udaya R. Tennakoon
Udaya R. Tennakoon Poems
- I Am A Star Because Of You So... I am a star Larger than ...
- My Bag My bag with me like shadow Comes without a ...
- Room In The Heart The apartment of the heart A reserved room...
- Evening Walk Aimless mind slap bang Coated out to ...
- Flock Together To Defeat Evil Swarming you from out and ...
- Evening Hunger When hunger came I went to kitchen Cooked ...
- Belonging Above the space Among countless stars The moon ...
As a Diaspora Poet, he lives in Zürich, Switzerland, but his home country is Sri Lanka, where he was born in 1970. Being a political refugee, he sees the world in many perspectives and engages with writing, theater, and research. Tennakoon graduated from University of Colombo and University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. At the University of Basel, Switzerland, and also at the University of Innsbruck, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Without minority called it is motherlandminority
Without symbolic father called it is fatherland
Way of rhythm seems to be a grave land
War of victory celebrates in barren land''
''In a house they livepeace
Two wars done in their worlds
Calmness, deepness sit in hearts
Where the peace lives''
''War Crime:War Crime
A punishment to the past
In that criminals were enthroned
A prediction to the future
In that humanity to be
Civilized and dignified''
I Am A Star Because Of You So Far
I am a star
Larger than the moon
Size cannot be seen
I’m because of so far
My brightness and light
More powerful than the sun
It doesn’t feel
As the moon is so close
I am an outsider
And also an exoplanet*
To the solar system
And far away from light years
I ‘m also a moon
But not a parasite
And but more sensitive
To the dark and to the moon
But a star to you
Because of so far
Though I bring the light
To the thick darkness
You have been cheated and mislead
As it is moon
Because of we both are so far
At two ...