Stanley Cooper Poems
- Punctuation Punctuation, stepchild tool of writing Does not ...
- Artistic Integrity To artistic integrity I make no ...
- Food For Thought Is it really so depraving I like to eat a ...
- “the War To End All Wars” “The war to end all wars” they ...
- Jackie Robinson…an American He... He never asked to be a ...
- A Family Secret They keep it so well hidden This trait they ...
- Chips Chips are found on a hostile one’s shoulder When very ...
A retired old guy, writing poems for the joy of it.
Now joyfully living and playing Texas Hold-em in Las Vegas
An Air Force veteran of World War Two...In Army of
Occupation in Tokyo, Japan more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Punctuation, stepchild tool of writing
Does not get it’s write-ful due
If we stopped this literate slighting
It would be a literal coup
The period we see as a dot
Has such a vital essence
The reason we use it a lot
Is to forestall a run-on sentence.
Colons: are sometimes used
To act as sentencing braces
Colons called semi; help us fuse
Connecting multiple phrases
To combine a compound adjective
The hyphen-comes into play
Question marks? are for the inquisitive
While commas, show delay
If writing is your avocation
And hope ...