Ronald Peat Poems
- Melody Of Flight Melody Of flight Rendered birds in ...
- *mary Poppins Mary Poppins At the opening — supercilious
- The Iliad In The Grocery Store... The Iliad In The Grocery ...
- * A Beautiful Sentiment. A Beautiful Sentiment. I met a ...
- A Dime Glows In Her Pocket The Dime Glows In Her ...
- They Don'T Do Their Windows They Don't Do Their Windows I ...
- Flitted Moments Flitted Moments A blue bird without its ...
68 years old. Taught poetry and art for a number of years. Published in the USA, India, New Zealand, & Japan.
Willing to offer help to anyone but doesn't not like to overburdened with endless lists of poetry to read. One for one is fine. Tit for tat. Or nothing for nothing.3 lines for 3 lines.
a poet friend
RH Peat more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Melody Of Flight
Melody Of flight
Rendered birds in trance
spread lovely feelings,
music with small wings,
inside body that trills
under touched fingers—
strings rippled in light.
© RH Peat 6/15/2010
Form: stichic/ 5 syllabic meter with caesura/ 7 lines
syllables grouped.3,2 in each line.
after William Carlos Williams’ form
“The Red Wheelbarrow”
Intent: Ekphrastic; ecstatic joy of music
Taken from: “Birds Fly Through Your Fingers”
By Lillian Susan Thomas