Robert Wadsworth Lowry
Robert Wadsworth Lowry Poems
- Beautiful River And he showed me a pure River of Water of ...
- At The River Shall we gather at the river, Where bright ...
- How Can I Keep From Singing? My life flows on in endless ...
- Lead Them To Thee Lead them, my God, to Thee, Lead them to ...
- Low In The Grave He Lay Low in the grave He lay, Jesus my ...
- Chorus Of Fire O! golden Hereafter, thine every bright ...
- The Straying Sheep How many sheep are straying Lost from the...
Robert Lowry was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on 12th March 1826.
He studied theology at the University of Lewisburg and on graduating, in 1854, became ordained as a Baptist minister. He had charge of churches in a number of places including New York, Brooklyn, West Chester, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
In 1869 he returned to Lewisburg as a faculty member (having previously served as a professor of literature) and later went on to become its chancellor.
From 1880 until 1886 he was president of the New Jersey Baptist Sunday School Union.
He is most remembered as a composer of gospel music and a hymn writer, and also worked as a music ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Wadsworth Lowry
And he showed me a pure River of Water of Life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the Throne of God and of the Lamb." -- Rev. xxii. 1
Shall we gather at the river
Where bright angel feet have trod;
With its crystal tide forever
Flowing by the throne of God?
Yes, we'll gather at the river,
The beautiful, the beautiful river --
Gather with the saints at the river
That flows by the throne of God.
On the margin of the river,
Washing up its silver spray,
We will ...