You Kissed Me When
You kissed me when, I begged the world,
When I kneeled to it to be kind.
I never mattered, it didn't matter,
For this world was not mine.
This world was everyone's brutality,
For the sake of keeping down humanity.
It brought my humanity to humility.
Whatever I was begging for,
It didn't matter at all.
For whatever puzzle I had to solve,
Didn't work out.
This world is everyone's brutality.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Kissed Me When by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Deep Water Haiku Trilogy, Kyle Schlicher
- I tease, hasmukh amathalal
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno
- without tears, RIC S. BASTASA