Worth killing your self
Have you found something worth
killing your self for,
I mean your punching out
your own light little by little,
uniformity's black stamps!
I am posting a blank
letter to eternity!
for dissapproval aims,
the status quo is sick!
and the numbers are nowhere,
we're talking cruelty
and all the screwed up
sicknesses - par excellence,
i mean have you found even
one thought - worth investigating,
Have you, measured the rout and the rot?
tried to find out what it's about,
or why anything happened in the first place,
they say - we'll rearrange it,
do you ever think this is not you, really,
but a voice planted,
I want the stupid one
to turn this on it's head,
even if just for a small crop of meaning,
we're the real machine that's aged,
and knows a little better, I hope?
so I'm thinking,
well, lets face it, space is so far away,
and really doesn't give a shit!
in fact, anything that happens down here,
is just another ******* tribulation,
so what are we faced with,
self destruction, annihilation!
money is burning a hole in yr pocket,
even your wall,
so I think what I'm supposed to think
and I cling like you,
to some future or undeniable past,
that words refuse even to lift their heads...
because they're not what they were,
or at least the one's we thought
cower in the well predictable
corner's of the imagination...
to wrestle with nothing
and know that wisdom never
made it to future,
or if it did,
then it has no place to go,
try tearing out your own
heart and eating it,
black as tar, mouldy in
it's protective jacket,
I don't know what it beats
old clock of a thing!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worth killing your self by GRANT FRASER )
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)