Worth killing your self
Have you found something worth
killing your self for,
I mean your punching out
your own light little by little,
uniformity's black stamps!
I am posting a blank
letter to eternity!
for dissapproval aims,
the status quo is sick!
and the numbers are nowhere,
we're talking cruelty
and all the screwed up
sicknesses - par excellence,
i mean have you found even
one thought - worth investigating,
Have you, measured the rout and the rot?
tried to find out what it's about,
or why anything happened in the first place,
they say - we'll rearrange it,
do you ever think this is not you, really,
but a voice planted,
I want the stupid one
to turn this on it's head,
even if just for a small crop of meaning,
we're the real machine that's aged,
and knows a little better, I hope?
so I'm thinking,
well, lets face it, space is so far away,
and really doesn't give a shit!
in fact, anything that happens down here,
is just another ******* tribulation,
so what are we faced with,
self destruction, annihilation!
money is burning a hole in yr pocket,
even your wall,
so I think what I'm supposed to think
and I cling like you,
to some future or undeniable past,
that words refuse even to lift their heads...
because they're not what they were,
or at least the one's we thought
cower in the well predictable
corner's of the imagination...
to wrestle with nothing
and know that wisdom never
made it to future,
or if it did,
then it has no place to go,
try tearing out your own
heart and eating it,
black as tar, mouldy in
it's protective jacket,
I don't know what it beats
old clock of a thing!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worth killing your self by GRANT FRASER )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo