You need new skin
something to get into...
Somewhere you can gaze
This Is all wrong somehow,
or doesn't fit?
And they keep
with their arms
filled with poems,
away picking them...
Leave them over there,
God I need to burn
much more than i thought,
This is not even the tip
of a tongue,
that exposed itself
to that awe in language,
Where is the nude Fire,
of poets blazing now?
I don't know how to come
clean, my thought seems unreal,
Can I have your skin?
It's young and fresh,
like a new born daisy!
Your just eh! a bit mad?
I would gladly wear you,
With the courage to cast
a hook into the very
depth of your mind,
But most carefully...
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Becoming... by GRANT FRASER )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra
- Lady of Enigma, NimmyMAry Kurian
- I Wish..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Autumn, Paul Paterson
- Babies Of Melodrama, NimmyMAry Kurian