Woman of Stone
Her legend so untold
Through her life many have walked
As her true story doth unfold
“from our timid fears love weans us” once she wrote.
As if there is gold between her legs she walks.
Been here and there with bigger folks
On special occasions bald she talks.
Like dust she always rises
Higher and higher she flies
Until she finds out why the caged bird sings
She is an angel by virtue of being who she is and not what she is
A mother for the motherless
A scholar so priceless
Like Master Shakespeare she walks in the aisle of bards with great respect.
A woman truly stronger than tens of thousands of men
A woman who knows why the caged bird sings...
A phenomenal woman
A woman of stone
(For Maya Angelou)
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Woman of Stone by Dash Black )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland