Woman of Stone
Her legend so untold
Through her life many have walked
As her true story doth unfold
“from our timid fears love weans us” once she wrote.
As if there is gold between her legs she walks.
Been here and there with bigger folks
On special occasions bald she talks.
Like dust she always rises
Higher and higher she flies
Until she finds out why the caged bird sings
She is an angel by virtue of being who she is and not what she is
A mother for the motherless
A scholar so priceless
Like Master Shakespeare she walks in the aisle of bards with great respect.
A woman truly stronger than tens of thousands of men
A woman who knows why the caged bird sings...
A phenomenal woman
A woman of stone
(For Maya Angelou)
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Woman of Stone by Dash Black )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Attach importance, gajanan mishra
- Silent Death, Adewale Ajakanri
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal