Glen Martin Fitch
One day a friend
sat with her mom (in-law) outside
to watch her toddler son at play.
'My son, at his age,
just that way.'
At Grandma's words
she sobbed and
clamped her jaw.
Like no one else
a parent knows a child.
a car crash
cracked her at her core.
She lost her folks,
their future and
They would have seen her
in her boy and smiled.
You've seen the things
that others have not seen.
You know my flaws
and when I lie.
Your presence makes me
humble, honest, clean.
Without your love
I wouldn't even try.
Attest my virtues.
Vouch my honesty.
Affirm my courage.
I ask, 'Witness me.'
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WITNESS by Glen Martin Fitch )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget
- Drunk, Abby Sze
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear