Lawrence S. Pertillar
Could I forgive someone or anyone,
Who intentionally thrived...
On ruining the lives of others,
With a malcontent.
And a viciousness meant,
That inflicts a pain that could be prevented?
I can not say I can.
When someone has ever done something to me,
Without provocation they will have others believe...
To deceive what it was I did not do,
I simply deliver that to God's department.
And since I know God prefers I do that,
I sit back patiently and observe what He does.
'And that provides you with satisfaction? '
But I've gotten pretty good at pretending that it does.
'How do you think God feels,
About you pretending you have forgiven these acts? '
God knows I am still a work in progress.
And as long as I keep working towards being perfect,
God continues to watch my back...
To ensure no one disturbs my progress.
'How do you know this? '
You can test my theory if you like.
I've already tried to dispute God's wishes,
With too many lessons learned I'm not going to repeat.
You 'do' believe in the power of God? '
Like I said...
You can test my theory.
I've learned not to play with God.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without Provocation by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- When my love states that she is futile..., Saheb Mohapatra
- Sink and feel, SALINI NAIR
- Birthday Years, Greta Bellamacina
- When Hope Becomes A Prayer, Savita Tyagi
- So the Ancients say...., Savita Tyagi
- Thank and wish, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbye The Day, Pijush Biswas
- ~Oneness ~, Aftab Alam
- Random Thought lX, Savita Tyagi
- The Little Robin Flew, Rohan Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)