Lawrence S. Pertillar
With Clarity Achieved
When a mind is freed and released,
To experience a life lived with unavoidable changes...
One's perception of what is real and what isn't,
Often comes to offend...
Those not there to comprehend with intention,
One who did not choose but goes through...
A revealing of a clarity that one can not pretend.
As if for the first time one begins to breathe,
The freshness of air one receives to believe.
And with clarity achieved,
Deceit is revealed existing everywhere...
To see with a witnessing,
How easily reality can be manipulated...
With few conscious enough to be aware of it there.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With Clarity Achieved by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
- O For a Thousand Tongues, Betsy Sholl
- What I Can Say: To My Sisters, Betsy Sholl
- Rush Hour, Betsy Sholl
- Numeracy**, Neil Young
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)