Lawrence S. Pertillar
With Clarity Achieved
When a mind is freed and released,
To experience a life lived with unavoidable changes...
One's perception of what is real and what isn't,
Often comes to offend...
Those not there to comprehend with intention,
One who did not choose but goes through...
A revealing of a clarity that one can not pretend.
As if for the first time one begins to breathe,
The freshness of air one receives to believe.
And with clarity achieved,
Deceit is revealed existing everywhere...
To see with a witnessing,
How easily reality can be manipulated...
With few conscious enough to be aware of it there.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With Clarity Achieved by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?, Ray Lucero
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa