Lawrence S. Pertillar
With Clarity Achieved
When a mind is freed and released,
To experience a life lived with unavoidable changes...
One's perception of what is real and what isn't,
Often comes to offend...
Those not there to comprehend with intention,
One who did not choose but goes through...
A revealing of a clarity that one can not pretend.
As if for the first time one begins to breathe,
The freshness of air one receives to believe.
And with clarity achieved,
Deceit is revealed existing everywhere...
To see with a witnessing,
How easily reality can be manipulated...
With few conscious enough to be aware of it there.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With Clarity Achieved by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 October 1938)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ㉺㉱㉶BAMWAR4COM, joelcruz cruz
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea
- Children, hafiz qasim
- Northland Autumn, Luo Zhihai
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz