Lawrence S. Pertillar
With Clarity Achieved
When a mind is freed and released,
To experience a life lived with unavoidable changes...
One's perception of what is real and what isn't,
Often comes to offend...
Those not there to comprehend with intention,
One who did not choose but goes through...
A revealing of a clarity that one can not pretend.
As if for the first time one begins to breathe,
The freshness of air one receives to believe.
And with clarity achieved,
Deceit is revealed existing everywhere...
To see with a witnessing,
How easily reality can be manipulated...
With few conscious enough to be aware of it there.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With Clarity Achieved by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)