Winter’s Leafless Trees
Through winter’s leafless trees
I see a blue sky with clouds
soft and fluffy white
drifting along on a gentle breeze.
Music seems to swing along
with a dreamy smile through the air
as old melodies of yesteryear
drift around in my head.
Hearts of lovers beat rapidly
under the gaze of a golden moon
as they stroll down lanes
lined with winter’s leafless trees.
Arm in arm they stroll
stopping for moments at a time
to listen to the night chorus
singing out a song of love.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter’s Leafless Trees by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski
- Party Favors, Alan W. Jankowski
- Let Me Be The One, Alan W. Jankowski