Winter’s Leafless Trees
Through winter’s leafless trees
I see a blue sky with clouds
soft and fluffy white
drifting along on a gentle breeze.
Music seems to swing along
with a dreamy smile through the air
as old melodies of yesteryear
drift around in my head.
Hearts of lovers beat rapidly
under the gaze of a golden moon
as they stroll down lanes
lined with winter’s leafless trees.
Arm in arm they stroll
stopping for moments at a time
to listen to the night chorus
singing out a song of love.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter’s Leafless Trees by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke