sister why are you so hateful towards me?
do you have any idea how your making me so unhappy?
you call me ugly, skinny, stupid worthless, that everyone just wishes I'd just go
little sister I love you but I don't understand why you hate me so
I'm sorry for what I did to you so long ago
please little sister forgive me and let the past go
I was young, stupid and so very messed up in my way of thinking
your hate filled words are causing my ship to start sinking
my heart hurts every time I hear the words you say to me
and I almost drown in the new wave of misery
wish you could see
this pain you cause me
that for once you could feel the way you make me feel
why can't we stop fighting and start being real?
your my little sister I love you
but now I think you might not love me too
Carla Kitts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why? by Carla Kitts )
- Yes Sir!, Akhil Zoomin
- Troubles ahead - time, gajanan mishra
- Troubles ahead, gajanan mishra
- I Need You, Diana Rose
- Farewell Mama, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Love, Akhil Zoomin
- Accident and Emergency Unit, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Long Lost Love, Marites C. Cayetano
- Likes, Holly Moon
- Living, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns