Who knows if raindrop that mutated into a pearl wanted to lapse on the thirsty earth?
Who knows if flower on God’s crown wanted to adorn a maid’s black flowing mane?
Who knows if rice on King’s platter wanted to be in the beggar’s subdued bowl?
Who knows if luxury in shackles wanted to freely peregrinate the world?
shveta sahal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who knows? by shveta sahal )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore