Waltz For Zizi
When I Write You Poems
'But if I write poems, my heart what shape does it takes? - I've asked my pencil today.'
To write you another poem, is not hard
but are they of any use to you?
Are you able to see
more than blue ink
spilled on white, thin, sheets of paper?
Would you try to lay a kiss, again, on my lips?
if I'd push them, under your door, tonight
Or better, should I burn them, at your bare feet?
to make your heart feel warm, and cozy, in the dark.
Woul you at least, praise me, for my kind words?
as you praised those monsters before me
that hurt you, with love shaped lies.
To me, every word and letter
every comma or dot, that takes them apart,
takes different forms of your painted green eyes
creating new islands and continents
in this sea of absent... no, stranded kisses,
sailing you beyond my fingers grasp,
and rising you, higher than the highest star,
again and again, from the gentile grave,
where every day I try
to poeticaly put you to death.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When I Write You Poems by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Spry Praise, Josh Terpening
- Star-gazing Creatures, Josh Terpening
- Ray Of Light, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Premature Enlightenment, Josh Terpening
- You, Yohan Confectioner
- this happiness, noel maddock
- Loves Philosophy, Yohan Confectioner
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)