Waltz For Zizi
When I Write You Poems
'But if I write poems, my heart what shape does it takes? - I've asked my pencil today.'
To write you another poem, is not hard
but are they of any use to you?
Are you able to see
more than blue ink
spilled on white, thin, sheets of paper?
Would you try to lay a kiss, again, on my lips?
if I'd push them, under your door, tonight
Or better, should I burn them, at your bare feet?
to make your heart feel warm, and cozy, in the dark.
Woul you at least, praise me, for my kind words?
as you praised those monsters before me
that hurt you, with love shaped lies.
To me, every word and letter
every comma or dot, that takes them apart,
takes different forms of your painted green eyes
creating new islands and continents
in this sea of absent... no, stranded kisses,
sailing you beyond my fingers grasp,
and rising you, higher than the highest star,
again and again, from the gentile grave,
where every day I try
to poeticaly put you to death.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When I Write You Poems by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- The Lamentation Of David Over Saul And J.., George Wither
- Thine am I, my faithful Fair, Robert Burns
- The Gowden Locks of Anna, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The Toad-eater, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to Robert Graham, Esq., o.., Robert Burns
- Crazy Cotton Limerick, Philo Yan
- The Calf, Robert Burns
- The Sometime Sportsman Greets the Spring, John Updike
- In The Shadow of Darkness, Adeosun Pelumi
- Mally's meek, Mally's sweet, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Naming of Parts, Henry Reed
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns