Waltz For Zizi
When I Write You Poems
'But if I write poems, my heart what shape does it takes? - I've asked my pencil today.'
To write you another poem, is not hard
but are they of any use to you?
Are you able to see
more than blue ink
spilled on white, thin, sheets of paper?
Would you try to lay a kiss, again, on my lips?
if I'd push them, under your door, tonight
Or better, should I burn them, at your bare feet?
to make your heart feel warm, and cozy, in the dark.
Woul you at least, praise me, for my kind words?
as you praised those monsters before me
that hurt you, with love shaped lies.
To me, every word and letter
every comma or dot, that takes them apart,
takes different forms of your painted green eyes
creating new islands and continents
in this sea of absent... no, stranded kisses,
sailing you beyond my fingers grasp,
and rising you, higher than the highest star,
again and again, from the gentile grave,
where every day I try
to poeticaly put you to death.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When I Write You Poems by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Doing Time, Betsy Sholl
- ordeal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Innovative way, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku- Connotation, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
Poem of the Day
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Everything, Anna Akhmatova
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)