Waltz For Zizi
When I Write You Poems
'But if I write poems, my heart what shape does it takes? - I've asked my pencil today.'
To write you another poem, is not hard
but are they of any use to you?
Are you able to see
more than blue ink
spilled on white, thin, sheets of paper?
Would you try to lay a kiss, again, on my lips?
if I'd push them, under your door, tonight
Or better, should I burn them, at your bare feet?
to make your heart feel warm, and cozy, in the dark.
Woul you at least, praise me, for my kind words?
as you praised those monsters before me
that hurt you, with love shaped lies.
To me, every word and letter
every comma or dot, that takes them apart,
takes different forms of your painted green eyes
creating new islands and continents
in this sea of absent... no, stranded kisses,
sailing you beyond my fingers grasp,
and rising you, higher than the highest star,
again and again, from the gentile grave,
where every day I try
to poeticaly put you to death.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When I Write You Poems by Waltz For Zizi )
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow