What you do is a lesson.
Who will join army,
If the widow is not compensated
More than her husband's death in the battle?
Who'll come to rescue,
If one's service fetches no recognition
Or one is soon forgotten by the mass?
Who'll bequeath his wealth,
If one's children no more remember him
And hang not his photo on the wall?
What you do for the martyr
Will stand as guidance for others to note
And decide if they should be a martyr.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What you do is a lesson. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos