(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Hope...Do you know what is?
Hope, anything that one wants, and at
the moment of 'hope' they do not have.
If hope were a feeling, I would hope,
it be one of honesty and integrity.
I would hope it would be love and empathy.
If hope were a food, I would hope it
would be filled with nourishment.
If hope were music, I would hope, it
was the kind of music, that you loved.
If hope were a sound, I would hope it
would by a symphony of love.
If hope were a religion, I would hope it
was your religion. For as we all know,
the 'right religion' is one that you
believe in. For to think ones religion
is 'the right and only religion'
that would make billions of others,
who did not believe in your religion...wrong.
All religions, if one truly believes in
them, are the right ones...for you.
If hope were belief, then I would hope,
that belief would be, that there is one
Supreme Being; who is by-lingual and
of all faiths, and all creeds and colors.
If hope were knowledge, I would hope,
it had patience, understanding, the
ability of comprehending the other
persons point of view. I would also hope,
that it had an unquenchable thirst,
to continue to learn by experience and
If hope could be seen, I would hope, all
would see, the good in their fellow man.
If hope were a wish, I would hope
that all your dreams, and ambitions
If hope were you...if hope were me, I
would hope, we never lost sight of
those less fortunate. I would hope
we would never be so self-centered
or busy, that we neglected to extend
a helping hand to those in need.
Finally if you hope this ends, let me
conclude by saying....
If hope were a human, I would hope, that it
realized, that if we want a better world,
then we have to be better ourselves.
© Joe Fazio
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If...? by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR