What happens when branch leaves wither in freezing
the tree body stands devoid of leafy clothing all day
What happens when frosty cream is sucked from cow
the solution rendered listless, resembles white
What happens pure petrol is mixed with stale kerosene,
the car machinery stutters, vomits in pain, unable to
budge an inch further.
What happens when a horse is kissed by fiery cigarette
it throws its master topsy-turvy, galloping at mounting
spurts of speed.
What happens when the vociferous sea is evacuated of
demonic thunder clouds of rain refrain from being
What happens when children are introduced to the
nefarious world of crime,
they indulge in rampant massacre, consuming human blood
like stream water.
What happens when chunks of bread are left to die,
red ant and a plethora of fungus devour it rapidly.
What happens when body is drenched with rotten tobacco
there develops an everlasting stench of decayed
What happens when coconut shell is slammed hard on
the fruit bursts open proving feeble against volatile
energy of the brain.
What happens when we swallow a pitcher full of scotch
the inbuilt body clock remains in heavy sedation all
What happens when partially blind left are to waver on
the busy street,
they guide themselves adroitly, relying
solely on sensory touches
of touch and smell.
What happens when human beings are replaced by robots,
tasks get executed to immaculate perfection,
without palpable emotions of hatred and unbiased love.
Nikhil Parekh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (what happens by Nikhil Parekh )
Did you read them?
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
- It's the One in the Suit Who's Firing th.., David Clinch
- मानो गाबदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Birthday Woman, David Clinch
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- blood around the cuticle of us, Mandolyn ...
- She Has The Will To Succeed, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fall Festival, stephanie mellisa kievaughan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Family I love, Kristina Riggs
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)