The other frogs consider me aloof
And mock each out-of-season mating call,
But I regard my plight as living proof
That faith can foster something magical.
So crouching patiently above the scum
With chin uplifted, eyelids low and still,
I wait for my redeeming love to come.
With numbing numbers cruelly reduced
To caviar for snacking perch and trout,
Dessert for weary birds before they roost
Or toys that idle boys have caught for sport,
It all confirms my sense of destiny.
Someday she will appear to grace this plot
And recognize the manifest in me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting by AM Juster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma
- Woman's relation matters, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Altar Of Twilight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- alone! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak