Note From Echo
Narcissus, I no longer haunt the canyons
and the crypts. I thrive and multiply;
uncounted daughters are my new companions.
We are the voicemail's ponderous reply
to the computers making random calls.
We are the Muzak in the empty malls,
the laughtrack on the reruns late at night,
the distant siren's chilling lullaby,
the steady chirp of things that simplify
their scheduled lives. You know I could recite
more, but you never cared for my recitals.
I do not miss you, do not need you here—
I can repeat the words of your disciples
telling lovers what they need to hear.
AM Juster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Note From Echo by AM Juster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas