Vento, Ventado, Ventania! ! !
This poem has a strange story and it is very difficult to translate into English. I did it thinking in my native language. So the rhythm is totally different when I try to translate into English. There are words and sounds which need further study. But I swear to you I will try.
The poem speaks of winds, various types and many names. As the intensity of the wind grows, or blow or gale she changes too.
I think of her, putting clothes to dry in the backyard. Then, at that moment, the wind comes, and comes bringing old memories ….
Vento, Ventado, Ventania!
Participei de uma ventania
A maior de minha vida!
Estranha variação atmosférica
vinda assim tão de repente
O que me causou?
Ah! E pouco que me restou!
Digo que tal ar,
assim meio frio
Suave, tanto não se escuta
Tarde ~arde mais~
Açoita com mais precisão
derruba, avassala, destrói!
Mas eu afeita aos ventos
habituada aos seus sutis movimentos
logo, senti em meu peito
que esse vento seria permanente
Vento! Ventado! Ventania!
Vem soprando do norte
trazendo, agitado e inconsequente
um calor exigente!
Frio e depois quente.
mãos e braços
E há de se submeter
a tal voracidade!
Leva tudo, nada fica.
Impera e domina
chega de outros tempos
e brinca com a gente!
Poetheart Morgan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vento, Ventado, Ventania! ! ! by Poetheart Morgan )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(3rd April 19sixty)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Anonymous
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram