Vento, Ventado, Ventania! ! !
This poem has a strange story and it is very difficult to translate into English. I did it thinking in my native language. So the rhythm is totally different when I try to translate into English. There are words and sounds which need further study. But I swear to you I will try.
The poem speaks of winds, various types and many names. As the intensity of the wind grows, or blow or gale she changes too.
I think of her, putting clothes to dry in the backyard. Then, at that moment, the wind comes, and comes bringing old memories ….
Vento, Ventado, Ventania!
Participei de uma ventania
A maior de minha vida!
Estranha variação atmosférica
vinda assim tão de repente
O que me causou?
Ah! E pouco que me restou!
Digo que tal ar,
assim meio frio
Suave, tanto não se escuta
Tarde ~arde mais~
Açoita com mais precisão
derruba, avassala, destrói!
Mas eu afeita aos ventos
habituada aos seus sutis movimentos
logo, senti em meu peito
que esse vento seria permanente
Vento! Ventado! Ventania!
Vem soprando do norte
trazendo, agitado e inconsequente
um calor exigente!
Frio e depois quente.
mãos e braços
E há de se submeter
a tal voracidade!
Leva tudo, nada fica.
Impera e domina
chega de outros tempos
e brinca com a gente!
Poetheart (back)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vento, Ventado, Ventania! ! ! by Poetheart (back) )
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
- Assimilating Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- An Ode To Odes Of Olde (Love & Woe), Tad Russell
- 15 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)