I need a reminder,
That darkness doesn’t always win.
The shadows don’t swallow the light,
And indignity doesn’t kill naivety.
I need a purpose,
To give my life direction,
Or meaning, or symbolism
Some type of sign that life is still worth living.
I need a lover,
One to hold me and heal my wounds.
One that doesn’t judge or betray me
That protects me with every inch of themselves.
I need a chance...
To hold death at arm’s end.
Beckoning for a breath to explain myself;
To unchain the events of my past.
I need time.
Corey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untitled by Corey Jones )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)