I need a reminder,
That darkness doesn’t always win.
The shadows don’t swallow the light,
And indignity doesn’t kill naivety.
I need a purpose,
To give my life direction,
Or meaning, or symbolism
Some type of sign that life is still worth living.
I need a lover,
One to hold me and heal my wounds.
One that doesn’t judge or betray me
That protects me with every inch of themselves.
I need a chance...
To hold death at arm’s end.
Beckoning for a breath to explain myself;
To unchain the events of my past.
I need time.
Corey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untitled by Corey Jones )
- Haiku- A coffin, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ANGEL MY NIECE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Magnetizer, Saiom Shriver
- ANDY AT STUDIO 205, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Lizzie Borden (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
- ANDERSON'S HOME, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ALLS PEOPLE DAY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ALIAS POEM, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- AIRPORT INSPECTION, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Where Once Upon A Morn So Dreary, Noah Body
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)