I need a reminder,
That darkness doesn’t always win.
The shadows don’t swallow the light,
And indignity doesn’t kill naivety.
I need a purpose,
To give my life direction,
Or meaning, or symbolism
Some type of sign that life is still worth living.
I need a lover,
One to hold me and heal my wounds.
One that doesn’t judge or betray me
That protects me with every inch of themselves.
I need a chance...
To hold death at arm’s end.
Beckoning for a breath to explain myself;
To unchain the events of my past.
I need time.
Corey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untitled by Corey Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- It's Like Telling Us Not To Cry, Kelly Zion
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones