Under The Watchful Gaze Of The Stars
The eerie glow of the twilight
Agrees dearly with the still of the wind
Its translucent rays shower the wet ground
Like diamond stones in the mines
The unique atmosphere aligns with our benign innocence
Yes. What a masterpiece of God’s magnificence.
If I could,
Tell of my life’s journey
Through my lines of poetry
The gentle atmosphere
Sits atop fleeting darkness
In a warm and fuzzy night
In cold June.
Like a charming prince
On a shiny white horse
I shall ride on the trail of the stars
On this bright crescent
I shall relinquish my quest for power
And scale this tower of uncertainty
I shall ride,
And slay this reddragon
The bonfire blazes mildly
At our feet,
And shoots warm feelings of passion to our hearts.
In your hands laid mine
I could feel the gentle stream of blood
Flowing through your veins.
Tenderly, I stared into your eyes
They hid the truth within your lies
Under the watchful gaze of the stars we laid
All our fears were allayed.
When finally, I beheld your beauty in the twilight
It drained my might
Down my spine ran a chill
I tried, yet could not distill
The tension your beauty brought
All on my face it wrought
If I could
I would pluck every star
Out of the sky
And string them
On the tail of the Western wind.
Laced with my love,
I would wear it around your neck
I would forever lie on my back
And listen to the sounds of the fleeting wind with you.
Till eternity, I shall gaze at the starry night with you.
I shall smother my fair maiden
With the loveliest of kisses.
For under the watchful gaze of the stars
I kissed you,
And you kissed me.
Shane McKnight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Under The Watchful Gaze Of The Stars by Shane McKnight )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)