Is It Poetry
Under Cover Of Day
I opened it up the last the door,
here where I stand,
I am lost, I gaze out at the sea.
Just past the first row of standing stones.
A strong north wind it howls as it blows,
green foam across vast empty space.
Standing up, she is straight,
he is reaching out for love, night's veil
of those lost years.
She can't see past all of the clouds,
reciting incantations until he calls out.
From where all have waited to be called,
it is his last turn.
Three more turns of the wheel the spokes.
Lost in the void three more turns,
he knows that she has.
Ancient the muse said more than allowed.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Under Cover Of Day by Is It Poetry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey