RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Turmoil Of Cancer
Daily life, routines, fade into nothingness as friendship
gets caught up in the turmoil of cancer.
Pain, surgery, chemotherapy, all behind, yet their effects have taken hold and do not want to let go.
Prayer for healing continues constantly, asking Jesus to preserve our friendship for yet a while.
All the pain and suffering that have been gone through
should at least have the reward for a year or two more of
Lasting friendship reaches out beyond human comprehension, filling the voids brought on by human confusion.
Tantamount to everything in life, a friend is the only personal gift of God, with the blessing of His Holy
Love condescends to every passing whim, yet if it is
totally bound within friendship, no one can begin to understand this special gift bestowed by God.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Turmoil Of Cancer by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 19, 1942)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Deflowered Idea..., Luana Del Lobo
- Do You Love Me?, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jo Tum Aa Jaate Ek Bar, Mahadevi Varma
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae.., Chenou Liu