The fog reminded him of winter's iced edge
how faster can the nightly riding be?
he felt the overthrow and painful sledge,
- the asphalt hit the rider departee.
The roar was heard amid the falling snow
the bike capsized - and hard he fell to slug,
across the never reached horizons' glow,
received her bridal kiss and asphalt's tug.
He danced with her beneath the nimbus cloud
- enjoining the magnificence of waltz;
denoted valor bestowed fore, avowed,
ambrosial her remembrance was, and false.
Beforetime she became his fate in mists,
perceived their airy dance, surpassed treetops
lithe daughter of woods' emptiness, not kissed
on fares unvisited, where searching stops.
Among the nimbus celebrating Hall
Collegiate was the feast's inviting dance,
trajectory redemptive, death-ride toll,
- was thoughtful and recognizing her glance.
So standing tall 'mid honors and dusk shades,
recalled the margins that he raced upon,
three hundred for Persephone of Hades
to be his wed on skyline's denouement.
The bullocky V-engine echoes thence
and crowns the basalt rocks atop the brae
when riders pass and fog is hazy-dense
upon his street-bike fighter see him sway.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Topic(s): iambic pentameter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (- Tug by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- THERE WERE CHILDREN TOO, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Smile, Key Carmack
- End of the Road, Tommy Stroller
- Kështu u ndanë udhët tona, skender iljaz braka
- Ebenezer, Frank Avon
- Blok, Nassy Fesharaki
- Little Farms, Tommy Stroller
- August ke nam..., pakeeza rizvi
- letters lit, Tommy Stroller
- You tiptoed away in the night, Tommy Stroller