Trill of the Notes (Heart Music)
Notes hit my ear,
As the water smashed against the pier.
I started making a song out of them,
I couldn't even write.
The trill of these notes were beyond my grasp.
I walked along this beach,
I still couldn't these notes reach.
I started wondering
Where from where this song was emanating.
Then I heard the heart of a guitar,
And an electric sitar,
And I kept mum.
Because I couldn't really hear them.
These instruments played in my brain.
Souls of talented ones,
Who I heard on the radio and concerts,
Played in my soul again and again.
This was heart music.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trill of the Notes (Heart Music) by Vera Sidhwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Barack Obama And His comprehension of In.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Calculated Etchings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charity, Self-control and Mercy, gajanan mishra
- To Win Your Man's Heart, Valsa George
- Duty breeds right, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Self-acceptance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Literate History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak